Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mistakes

Mistake #1 was made by Geico:

Laura and Jacob Riddle...heheh. So far, I've done pretty well adjusting to my new last name. I've only written Riddle a couple times when signing my name. I'm glad Parry is a pretty normal name. And I think it looks good with my first name. But it has been misspelled on something at work - Laura Perry. Gross!

Mistake #2. Buying 10 pounds of potatoes. This was my mistake. I was seduced by the very low price of potatoes at the store. I thought, potatoes are cheap and Jacob and I both like them. We can eat these for a long time! But, they are starting to go bad and I am pretty sick of potatoes...In the last while, I've made twice-baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and cheesy crock pot potatoes. (The crock pot potatoes were a disaster...my first real bomb since we've been married. I'm still trying to recover.) Do you have any good potato recipes? Help!


Mistake #3. Taking Jacob to Petsmart. I wanted to go window shopping for a dog. We can't get one yet, but I thought it would be fun to look. Jacob fell in love with a cat named Georgie and really wanted to take him home. I was, fortunately, able to drag him away. After we got home we did some research and this is the dog Jacob wants-

Maybe one day maybe when we have a bigger place.

9 comments:

  1. What kind of dog is it? I have to say it is pretty cute but looks like it might shed a lot like Digger. Yuck! I have a recipe for funeral potatoes I'll have to send you later. Also Ham and Potato Casserole. Also you can grate them and fry them to make hashbrowns. Your scalloped potatoes look good or is that a picture you found?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Brittany, the same kind Audrey has actually. Funeral potatoes would be great! And yeah, that is just a picture I found online :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have some friends over and do a potato bar. Everyone could bring a different topping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have frozen twice baked potatoes - then you just have to stick them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and they last forever and are nice to grab and go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica gave me a great recipe for Potato Soup. It's actually Cadence's favorite food and she asks for it for every meal. I'll email it to you. (Thanks again Jessica!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The potato soup is really good- it's from my Aunt Becky (Preece). I also second the ham and potato casserole. Also, you could make baked potatoes and put chili or butter or other toppings on them. Make your own french fries..really easy and yummy. One last one- just cube the potatoes, season them, and bake or broil them. Potatoes are one of the best things to buy too much of...so many things to do! And if you're not happy with your twice baked potato recipe, I have a KILLER one that I crave all the time.

    Jacob told me about your crock pot potato disaster. I hope it's been taken care of (Jacob).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, Perry spelled with an "e" is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Who knew so many people had so much to say about potatoes? I think Jacob Riddle has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete