Saturday, August 7, 2010

Validation

Jacob rocked his analysis of argument class. For his final paper, a persuasive essay, he had to do a presentation as well. He chose to write about gay marriage and to persuade his classmates to vote against it. Jacob did an excellent job. Here is what his teacher said:

"Jacob, some great comments here. I want to pass on the kudos of the class that I have been reading about your presentation. As I have been reading the critical responses I read time and again that our colleagues in the class were very impressed with your speech. Several students have commented on how impressive it is that you took on topic of gay marriage. Additionally, many have stated that although they feel differently than your proposition, your tone, delivery, and excellent support helped them to listen. That, sir, is a huge accomplishment. It is amazing what would get done if we just listened!! Good work!"

He is going to be such a good public relate-er!

I submitted a little something to the BYU Alumni Magazine, the part in the back where they ask for anecdotes from when you were a student at BYU. Here it is. *Warning: this is extremely cheesy* Also the easiest $50 I've ever made. :)

Last, but not least...the evolution of Jacob's facial hair.






I'm so excited. I forgot what his chin looked like!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jacob!! And I like the clean shaven chin, but what happened on top? Laura, I loved your article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you are published! Great pictures of Jacob's transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beard would be enough to put any guy off of gay marriage!

    Seriously though, nice feedback from the teacher. Well done successfully arguing such a controversial topic. Next stop--illegal immigration.

    I liked your article--well written and fun. And it made me think of my creamier memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach is funny.

    I'm really impressed with the teacher's feedback. You are cool.

    ReplyDelete