Sunday, May 23, 2010

CA, Scouts & Booties

Last weekend we went to California with these lovely people:


It was really fun to get away for a few days. We played tennis, went to the beach, and saw Iron Man 2. The girls got pedicures and the boys played Xbox. It was great!



Jacob just got called to be the boy scout troop committee chair in our ward. He is proud to display his newly acquired shirt and patches, which he sewed on.


I just started knitting again. I learned how to knit a couple years ago, but recently picked it up again. I knit these baby booties, which I think might fit a five year old.

That's all for now...stayed tuned for our exciting summer adventures!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, Brody is five now! I'm sure those will fit perfectly! Jacob, you look the part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I died laughing when you said your booties will fit a five year old - I'm sure someone will love em! (Apparently Brody?!) Ryan had a calling in scouts for a long time and had his mom find his scout shirt from back in the day - somehow it still managed to mostly fit and we didn't have to buy a new one, although I think it was smug enough to make for some uncomfortable scouting events. I love Jacob's picture. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob, you look like a molester in the scout outfit. Carissa says the only thing that would make that picture better is if it were a full body shot and you were wearing shorty shorts.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I love your mad knitting skills. I think people who knit are crazy talented. I've tried with very little success. LOL I love reading your blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach looks like so much fun!!! Good luck, Jacob with the scouts. I've been in Primary for two years and I'm still confused about scouting. Maybe the 19 lb. newborn baby in Indonesian could use those booties.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could tell you did the post instead of Jacob because it didn't include a video of me "under the influence".

    Jacob, you totally do look like a chimo in that scout uniform. They should use you in videos warning kids away from strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see a picture of Jacob in shorty shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I like your booties Laura. The ones I crocheted for Penny's blessing were way too big too.

    ReplyDelete