Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Plywood and a Little Bit of Paint

As I write this post there are pellets of sweat beading under my knees. I am only telling you this so that you know that I am extremely uncomfortable. Why do I want you to know how uncomfortable I am? I don't know, but it is relevant to the post.

This is Jacob, by the way...Did you picture Laura's sweaty knees? Gross!

We live in a little one bedroom apartment with no central air conditioning. In the summertime we use a couple of a/c units that help keep us just cool enough to not want to kill ourselves. Am I complaining enough?...No? I can keep going.

Anyway, the a/c unit in our bedroom prevents us from being able to shut our window. Having the window open makes it very hard for the cool air to stay inside. Well, Laura's dad came up with the idea of cutting out a piece of plywood to cover the portion of the window that is left open. Less than 24 hours after making that suggestion, her dad was back up here installing the piece of plywood.

Now, some of you might be thinking "A piece of plywood? What an eye sore!"

What a coincidence, I was thinking the same thing.

I almost immediately got out some paint and started slapping in on the wood. This is what ended up forming on the plywood:





The painting is about 2 ft. wide and 17 in. tall.
I call it...
"Blind Sailor"

2 comments:

  1. I love it too. I also have really enjoyed all of the blogs to this point saying that I started reading them today the 23rd of September.
    Laura is a great photographer. I loved her trip with her sister. Jacob is an ok photographer. (Just kidding). Your painting should sell for a lot when you don't need it any more.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete