Friday, November 19, 2010

Midnight Attack of Link the Sink

It all began innocently enough. I went to sleep Thursday night, happy the next day was Friday and pay day. During the night I simply rolled over in bed, only to be swiped in the face with a fast and furious cat paw. Straight to the eyeball. It was 2:30 in the morning. It was quite painful. I shot up in bed, holding my eye, and was crying. Jacob woke up to the commotion saying, "Mom.....Mom....what's going on...." Haha.

I eventually went to bed holding Kleenex to my eye, which after a while wasn't painful if it was closed. I woke up this morning and discovered that it was really hard to open my eye for more than 5 seconds. Realizing I wouldn't be that useful at work, and unable to get there since I was practically blind in one eye, I called in and said I was going to wait to see if I recovered in a couple hours.

Around 9 I thought it might be a good idea to go to the doctor, just to see what kind of damage the little monster had done. Jacob was kind enough to take me. The doctor put some yellow drops in my eye and stuck a strip of paper on my eye because it was supposed to tell him what was up. He reported there was a small scratch on my eyeball, and that I should be feeling better by tomorrow. He prescribed me some antibiotic eye drops just in case. Before sending me off, he said he was going to put a patch on my eye. Jacob's eyes lit up at this prospect; he was picturing me wearing something akin to a black pirate patch all day, and for some reason this made him happy. The doc did put some white gauze over my eye, which I removed soon after because Jacob dropped me off at work.

I looked awful at work. My eyes were puffy, swollen and squinty. After work we went to pick up the eye drops prescribed to me, but ended up not buying them, due to the $50 copay my insurance thought I should pay for them. My eye is doing a lot better now, and hopefully will be back to normal by the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about that. Sounds not-so-fun.

    This post made Jacob seem like kind of a tool. Quit that, Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Jacob wasn't actually a tool, he was good to me, he just thought I would make a cute pirate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scratched my own eye trying to get a contact out once... not fun. I'm feeling for ya. But it would be fun to be a pirate for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. I could say "That's what you get for letting the cats sleep in your bed but that would be mean so I won't. Sorry you were hurt.

    ReplyDelete