Thursday, April 1, 2010

We're Pregnant!



April Fool's. Did we get you? I like April Fool's. You get to be sneaky and it's ok. I come from a long line of April Fool's lovers. My grandma, who lived with us when I was growing up, loved playing pranks. One year she told me there was a mouse in her room. She was screaming and looking around frantically. It's just behind the dresser, she said, look! I believed her, didn't see anything, and turned around to see her smiling slyly. I would never have suspected Grandma.

I have a friend from high school who I called for I think three years in row on April Fool's to tell her I was engaged. I'm pretty sure she believed me every time. (Jessi, if you're reading, thank you for participating in my longest running and most memorable April Fool's joke.)

This year I didn't do anything spectacular. I told my mom I was really sick. After listing my symptoms I said, "Yeah, I was reading about this online. I think I have a condition called...APRIL FOOL'S!" She called me by my full name (which has more effect now that I have three names) and told me I get her every year. Which is true. I got her good one year when I told her I broke my ankle in aerobics class.

I got Jacob after work. I was dropping off our rent a few blocks from our house and told him my car wouldn't start. He came to rescue me (he passed the test) and when he got there I asked him to try starting it. When he did I giggled and yelled "APRIL FOOL'S!" It was a pretty successful April Fool's for me.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're pretty good. I think that gene passed me up, your grandma always got me too. She always loved playing April Fool's jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to never talk to you on April 1st. I am very gullible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told my mom I needed a knee replacement this year (due to the 4-wheeler accident). She started crying at work...no good. Maybe that one was a bit too much. :)

    ReplyDelete